STRAWBERRY LEMON MUFFINS (mmmmmhmmm)
1/4C veggie oil (or sub applesauce)
1 lemon, zested & juiced
2C flour (whole wheat is great in this one!)
1/2 tsp salt
1tsp baking powder
1/2C sugar (plus a smidge to sprinkle on the tops of muffins)
1/4C brown sugar
beat oil, milk, egg & lemon juice in bowl. mix zest, flour, salt, baking powder & sugars in bowl. Add strawberries to dry, then add oil mixture but do not over mix. bake @375 about 25″
Lemon Pie, Fast, Easy, and Delicious
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Few drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1 graham cracker crust (8 or 9 inches)
- In a medium bowl, combine milk and juice. Let stand a few minutes. Stir in whipped topping. Add food coloring if desired. Spoon into crust. Chill until firm. Yield: 6 servings.
~ A lemonade site deserves to have a lemonade recipe don't you think? I have made this many times. It's better than any I've had at a restaurant and perfect for summer get togethers.
2 cans(12 oz. each) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
2 packages(10 oz. each) frozen sweetened raspberries, partially thawed
2 to 4 tablespoons sugar
2 liters club soda, chilled
In a blender, combine lemonade concentrate, raspberries and sugar. Cover and process until blended. Strain to remove seeds. In a 4-1/2(or larger)container combine raspberry mixture, club soda and ice cubes; mix well. Serve immediately. Yield: 3-1/2 quarts.
LEMON CAKE ~ courtesy of Viky Bates
1 box yellow cake mix - do not follow directions
¾ cup oil
¾ cup water
3 Tbsp. flour
1 pkg. lemon jello (3 oz.)
4 eggs (jumbo)
Mix altogether and beat 4 minutes. Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes. Take out and let set for 5 minutes before pouring glaze over. While cake is baking make glaze.
4 lemons juice + grate zest off 4 lemons used
4 cups powdered sugar
Poke lots of holes clear through cake with fork. Slowly pour glaze on cake using the back of a spoon to spread the glaze. Delicious as is or you can decorate with whipped cream and lemon garnishes.
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 cup water
* 3/4 cup lemon juice
* 3 tablespoons grated lemon peel
* In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir sugar and water until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
* Stir in lemon juice and lemon peel. Freeze in an ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's directions. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 2 cups.
LEMON BASIL CHICKEN
* 1 medium lemon
* 2 garlic cloves, divided
* 1/4 cup minced fresh basil, divided
* 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds)
* 2 tablespoons butter, melted
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* Finely grate enough peel from lemon to measure 2 teaspoons. Cut lemon in half; squeeze juice from one half. Set aside. Slice one garlic clove; place sliced garlic, 2 tablespoons basil and the remaining lemon half in the chicken cavity.
* Place chicken, breast side up, in a shallow roasting pan; rub with reserved lemon juice. Mince remaining garlic; combine with butter and reserved lemon peel. Brush mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and remaining basil.
* Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Yield: 6 servings.