Saturday, June 26, 2010

When Life Hands you Lemons.....or Throws Them at You


You've all heard the phrase, "When Life hands you lemons, make lemonade." What do you do when you're handed a lemon? Or an orchard full of lemons trees that bear lemons on a regular basis? I can think of a few choice things I'd like to do:
  • Sometimes I'd like to hand it right back where it came from.
  • Sometimes I'd like to chop down the whole orchard
  • Sometimes, I'd like to take a lemon and squirt someone in the eye
  • And sometimes when we are too tired, frustrated, lonely and don't know how we're going to do this, we hand our lemons over to our Father in Heaven. He knows what to do with them when we don't have the strength.
But....life is full of lemons. Like the lemons, we either get soured and bitter by our experiences in life, or......we do our best, even when it's the hardest, to make some lemonade.

This blog is the story and musings of my life as a divorced, single mother of three wonderful, amazing children. We are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and my blogs will reflect my deep love and faith for the gospel, and the challenges we face as Single Saints and Parents.

It is important to know that we are not alone, that others face the same challenges we do, and that there is strength to be gained in feeling validated and understood as we strive to make our lives sweet and fulfilling for ourselves, our children, and those around us. That is my desire and purpose for this blog.

The Lemonade Girl

2 comments:

  1. I have many of your posts printed and saved in my 'tender mercies' file. Without your comments and those of my other wonderful friends I'm not sure I would be surviving through this batch of lemons.

    So glad you are willing to share your thoughts and feelings. It helps the rest of us to see that we are not alone in our suffering. You are such a wonderful example of how to make lemonade from those bushels of lemons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I guess this is my way of sharing bushels instead of dumping them on someone else's porch! :)

    ReplyDelete