Sunday, September 5, 2010

Like the North Star


So I went for a late night bike ride last night. I’ve done that a lot this summer. These are some of my favorite times to commune with the heavens. I had been struggling with some questions and frustrations on a spiritual level. I didn’t feel I was understanding what God has been trying to tell me and that I could not trust myself to “get it right” and/or trust that God would keep his promises. So....I stopped asking.

There was no moon last night and as there is an observatory where I live, we are not allowed to have street lights. So obviously it was really dark out. I was half waiting to ride into a pothole and end up sprawled on the ground tangled up in my bike wondering what my name was!! Maybe it’s not the smartest thing to do but I enjoy my bike rides in the dark. As I was riding and thinking I looked up and saw the Big Dipper and the North Star. Here I was riding through the dark, much the same as I’d been wandering in the dark in regards to the spiritual things that had been on my mind. As I was riding and praying I glanced up and saw the North Star, which as we all know gives direction to those who may be lost or need to stay on course. It was one of those moments where God puts something in our path, or our mind, and allows us to “see” and recognize that we are not alone, and that He is guiding us through the darkness in the direction He most needs us to go.

There are potholes and obstacles along the way that may trip us up and leave us sprawled out on the ground feeling wounded and hurt, but we don’t need to wander (or ride) around in darkness, losing our hope and faith in ourselves, in others, and in God. Just like the North Star, God is constant. He is always there.....lighting the way.

7 comments:

  1. I love your ruminatings - they always leave me feeling spiritually fed and uplifted. Thanks for sharing your North Star with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vernie says "that's wonderful. Kind of reminds me of a girl I know in Stansbury. Thank you."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah.....I miss you two. It makes me so happy to think of the two of you together with your sweet kids. Hope all is going well down in SoCal. Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this beautiful post with us.

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Veronica.....it's nice to "see" you again. Hope all is well on your end of the blogging world :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristin, my dear, you are so wonderful! I just took a minute to read a few of your posts, and feel so uplifted and almost like a have a renewed strength to be a better person. Thanks for your inspiration! Wish I knew you had a blog earlier... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stacie, thank you. You have done the same for me so if I can repay it in kind in any way I am happy to be able to do so.

    ReplyDelete